I usually make my own pizza dough because I don't like the stuff you buy in the store. It looks so stale and crusty and yuck! The bake-your-own stuff is $3 in these parts, for that I could probably make 10 crusts of my own. This is the recipe I follow, It costs me pennies because I usually have all of these things in anyway. 

1/2 Cup Warm Water
2 Tablespoons Dry Yeast
5 Cups Bread Flour (Its best to use Bread Flour but if I don't have it in, I use regular and it's just fine)
1 1/2 cups cool water
2 Teaspoons of Salt
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons of Honey

In a large bowl, stir the yeast into into the warm water until dissolved. Let it stand for about ten minutes. It should get a little foamy top like beer.

Add the flour, the cool water, salt, olive oil and honey into the yeast mixture. Knead with a dough hook for about 5 minutes or by hand for 7.


Place the dough in a large greased bowl, cover with a damp (but not dripping wet) tea towel or i've found paper towel works ok too... just wet it a little.

All my tea towels are in the wash, paper towel it is!

Allow it to rise for 30-45 minutes or until just about doubled in size. I usually put my oven on 175 then switch it off. The temperature in the oven stays warm but not too warm.

Take out your dough and punch down, divide into 2 portions for 2 cookie sheet size pizzas. If you want to freeze some, coat each ball of dough in olive oil, wrap in plastic/place in zippy and freeze. Just let it defrost for a day and then then let rise, punch down and make your pizza.

0 comments:

Share Me


About Me

CANNED 2011

Raspberry Chipolte BBQ

Cherry Chipolte BBQ

Peaches

Spiced Peaches

Pickles

Blueberry Preserves

Strawberry Jam

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam

Cherry Pie Filling

Boozy Cherries

Zucchini Pineapple

Green Beans

Tomatoes

Followers